Wednesday 23 May 2012

Being a mom!

Being a mom!


In the beginning my days felt like a marathon disaster movie, starring me racing around after my toddler to prevent him from hurting himself.  My nights were a study in sleep deprivation, up every two hours. 

Today most weekday mornings, I wake up to the alarm blaring away and my son groggily mumbling, "Is it morning already mommy?" and followed by, "Five more minutes, please!" before tumbling back onto the bed and under the mountain of pillows.  How I wish I could just snuggle in with him and shut the world out!  But you cannot have everthing in life the way you want it to be.

On Saturdays and Sundays, when we sleep in, I still wake up to a small hand twirling my hair.  When I open my eyes, I'll be greeted with a huge smile, "Are you waking up mommy?  It's already morning and I want some porridge, please."

Time doesn't stand still.  I will look back on this period of my life with great fondness.  I love my children very much. 

It drives me up the wall when parents claim that being a parent (usually a mom) is the hardest job in the world.  I see it and hear it all the time.  I do not deny that being a parent, especially a good one actually worthy of the title, is difficult and comes with a number of unique challenges.  In fact, parenthood isn't even a job really, it's a lifestyle choice. 

I am proud of being a parent and to talk about the challenges that come with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment